VoIP systems are popular among schools because they have a customizable and easy-to-use interface. You can configure your VoIP phone system to match your specific needs, whether that’s auto attendants, call queues, or setting up voicemail greeting messages. It’s predicted that the VoIP market will grow by over 18% in education in the coming years.
When it comes to putting smiles on teachers’ faces, (not to mention administrators and other employees), the extensive list of features available through a cloud-based phone system is what sets VoIP phones apart.
Overall, a cloud-based phone system is a cost-effective and flexible solution that can help to improve communication and collaboration across your school system. Whether you’re looking for advanced call routing features, voicemail transcription services, or anywhere access via mobile devices, there’s a VoIP solution that can meet all of your needs.
In this article, we will list the top 7 features of a cloud-based phone system and how they benefit teachers, administration, and other users.
1. Key VoIP Features for Schools: Auto attendants
These allow you to set up a menu of options that users can select from when they call in, reducing the number of incoming calls that go directly to voicemail. Overall, the auto attendant is one of the most valuable features offered by a cloud-based phone system for schools, as it can help to streamline your communication and provide a more efficient experience for callers.
Some of the key features that you can configure with an auto attendant include:
- Voicemail greetings – You can also configure customized voicemail greetings for different departments or roles, allowing you to ensure that important calls are always answered promptly and efficiently.
- Call queues – Whether it’s parents calling with questions about report cards or students trying to reach their teachers during class time, having a call queue can help to manage and direct incoming calls more effectively.
- Advanced call routing features – Whether it’s parents calling with questions about report cards or students trying to reach their teachers during class time, having access to advanced call routing features can help improve efficiency and ensure that calls are always answered promptly.
2. Key VoIP Features for Schools: Direct Inward Dial
Another key feature offered by cloud-based phone systems for schools is direct inward dial, or DID. This feature allows you to assign specific phone numbers to individual employees or departments, allowing callers to directly reach the person or team that they need.
Some of the other benefits of direct inward dial include:
- Flexible configuration – As opposed to traditional phone systems, which often have a fixed set of extensions and phone numbers, with a VoIP system you can configure your DID settings according to your unique needs.
- Improved efficiency – With DID, not only do callers have an easier time getting in touch with the right person or department, but employees also benefit from having a dedicated line that they can use to make and receive calls.
3. Key VoIP Features for Schools: Mobile Apps
VoIP phone systems for schools often offer the ability to access and use your system via mobile apps. With a mobile app, you can stay connected to your school’s communication network even when you’re on the go, making it easier than ever to quickly and easily get in touch with colleagues and students.
Some of the key benefits of using a mobile app with your school’s VoIP system include:
- Increased flexibility – With a mobile app, you can use your phone system to make and receive calls, as well as to send and receive messages, no matter where you are or what time it is.
- Better communication – By enabling easier communication across your school system, a mobile app can help to improve collaboration and collaboration both inside and outside of the classroom.
4. Key VoIP Features for Schools: Video Conferencing
VoIP phone systems also frequently have video conferencing capabilities, which is perfect for schools that want to host virtual meetings and conference calls. With video conferencing, you can help to improve collaboration and communication across your entire school system by bringing people together from different locations.
Some of the key benefits of using video conferencing with your school’s VoIP system include:
- Increased collaboration – Whether you’re hosting a meeting for parents or discussing an upcoming project with your team, video conferencing makes it easy to bring people together and get everyone on the same page.
- Reduced travel costs – By eliminating the need for in-person meetings, video conferencing can help to save time and reduce the amount of money that your school spends on travel.
- Increased efficiency – With video conferencing, you can host virtual meetings or conference calls at any time, without having to worry about factors like scheduling or location. Whether you’re in the office, at home, or on the go, video conferencing can help to increase efficiency and productivity throughout your entire school system.
5. Key VoIP Features for Schools: SMS Alerts
A frequently included VoIP phone system component for schools is the ability to send SMS alerts.
In recent years, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of schools that have adopted or are looking to adopt mobile devices as part of their educational program. And on top of this, there has also been an increase in schools using a VoIP phone system to help them communicate more effectively with parents and students.
One of the key features that have become increasingly popular among schools is SMS alert functionality. With this feature, your school can send out important notifications and updates via text message, helping to improve communication and collaboration between teachers, administrators, staff, parents, and students.
6. Key VoIP Features for Schools: IP Paging
IP paging is another feature that usually comes with VoIP phone systems for schools. With IP paging, you can send voice recordings to either specific people or groups of people at your school. This can be especially useful in situations where a traditional landline phone system may not be the most effective method of communication.
7. Key VoIP Features for Schools: Voicemail-to-Email
With voicemail-to-email, you can get your voicemails through email, which is a convenient way to check messages. This can be especially useful if you are frequently on the go or if you don’t have access to your phone at all times. With voicemail-to-email, you can easily listen to and download your voicemails, allowing you to effectively manage the messages in your inbox. And as a bonus, this feature also makes it easier for many schools to comply with e-discovery requests or other legal requirements that may involve the management of phone records or voicemails.
To Sum Up
Looking for an effective and efficient way to manage your school’s phone system? Consider switching to a VoIP phone system, like the one from Carolina Digital Phone. This service offers a wide range of features that can help improve collaboration, communication, and overall productivity across your entire school system.
Some key features to look for when choosing a VoIP solution for schools include auto attendants, direct inward dial, mobile apps, video conferencing, SMS alerts, IP paging, and voicemail-to-email. With these features and many others, your school can enjoy all the benefits of a modern phone system that is flexible, scalable, and cost-effective.
So why wait? Start exploring your options today and discover the many advantages of using a VoIP phone system in your school. CLICK HERE to find out more!